Monday, March 08, 2010

Oscars night

Every year I spend 2 hours before the Oscars ceremony starts watching the red carpet.
It has become more important and interesting to me then the Oscars themselves.
I mean...of course the winning choices of the Academy (which I can mostly guess, but often disagree with) are fascinating, and commonly eventful.
But there's something about waiting to see what dress the top 5 'best actress' nominee have chosen.
I can often tell by the dresses, how surprised they will be to win / lose.
Here are my top 3 dress choices of the night.







Rachel McAdams
Is wearing an Elie Saab Haute Couture gown with a satin clutch by Ferragamo

I love that she chose something not black.
this dress is timeless. It has elements of a fairy, without losing from its polished glamorous look.
She is showing enough skin that it is sexy, and yet remains dignified.
Classic glamor!



Kristen Stewart
Is wearing a Monique Lhuillier Midnight Blue gown, with Bally shoes.
Great classic cut.
Timeless dress.
Did not kill the beautiful simplicity of it with accessories.
This look is good for Oscars 2010, but will probably be great for Oscars 2110.
I am a sucker for a good classic - and here is a great one.


Carey Mulligan
Is wearing a Prada black strapless dress paired with a black duchess satin hard case clutch and black pleated duchesse platform heels, also by Prada.
I am not a fan of the 'easy' choice of a black dress for an Academy Award ceremony - but frankly, you cannot go wrong with Prada.
Very young, very modern, very fresh, and Very unique. 
A great black dress for the Oscars. 










I definitely had other favorites, but non stood out like these 3 to me.
Which dresses were your favorites?
Which would you wear?



Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I love Rachel McAdam's dress! Make that thing in white and it would make a beautiful wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete